Having a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine is one way we can protect our community against coronavirus.
As of Monday 20th Sep 2021 we will provide both Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) and Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccines.
You would need to call us to book your vaccination.
Also if you still need to get more information about this matter, you can book an initial consultation with one of our GPs for further assessment.
Please keep in mind that your GP is the best source of reliable information regarding COVID19 and vaccines.
Just to summarise who is eligible for each vaccine brand;
|Vaccine brand||When you should get your second dose||Age groups eligible for this vaccine|
|Pfizer vaccine||6 weeks after your first dose||People aged 12 – 59 years|
|AstraZeneca vaccine||6 weeks after your first dose||People aged 60 years and over|
While AstraZeneca is the recommended vaccine for people aged 60 and over, some people in this age group are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, if they have underlying medical conditions that place them at increased risk of severe COVID-19.
These are explained in the table below. This table should be used as a guide rather than an exhaustive list:
- Chronic renal (kidney) failure (not mild to moderate cases)
- Heart disease
- Chronic lung disease (does not include mild or moderate asthma)
- Severe obesity (BMI ≥ 40kg/m2)
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological conditions
- Poorly controlled blood pressure (defined as two or more medications for blood pressure control)
- significant disability (Down Syndrome, Intellectual disability)
- severe mental health conditions (Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder)
Other underlying conditions
- Haematological diseases or cancers
- organ transplant recipients
- Bone marrow transplant recipients
- Non-haematological cancer (within the past five years)
- Adult survivors of childhood cancers
- Chronic inflammatory conditions
- Primary or acquired immunodeficiency (congenital causes of immunodeficiency and HIV/AIDS)
The above indications are based on the latest announcement of VIC.GOV.AU
Once again we encourage everyonewho is eligible to get vaccinated and arm yourself against COVID-19!