Melissa works in a holistic manner; not only does she recognise the mind body connection but also acknowledges the system in which the child or family functions, never looking at a behaviour or symptom in isolation. She supports families to embark on a more mindful parenting journey and offers individual therapy, email consultations, family therapy, parent coaching, workshops and camps.
Melissa’s passion is supporting mothers to be the best that they can be and helping them relearn to connect deeply to their motherhood intuition. Throughout her professional work and own personal motherhood experience of over 16 years, she has explored how mindfulness and motherhood are a potent blend.
Melissa has worked in the treatment of the following:
- Assessment, intervention, treatment and support, including therapy to individuals, their families/carers and groups with mental health disorders
- Mental State Examination and other relevant assessments across the range of presentations and lifespan
- Evidence-based therapeutic treatments
- Bereavement, grief and loss counselling
- Family/parent–child interventions, including evidence-based family interventions
- Relationship counselling
- Therapeutic and psycho-educational group programs
- Assessment and treatment for alcohol and other drug misuse
- Facilitating access to information, services and resources
Melissa utilises evidence based psychological interventions such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Positive psychology, Solution focused therapy, Narrative therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and a strengths based approach.
Melissa’s approach when working with people is client centred and collaborative and is distinguished by empathy, respect and honesty. Patients can be referred by General Practitioners. A written referral and mental health care plan is required for clients. Clients can contact the clinic and make an appointment directly.
Melissa also provides skills training for parents to manage:
- Tantrums & general behaviour problems
- Sleeping difficulties and nightmares
- Mealtime problems and fussy eating
- Fears and anxieties
- Separation anxiety
- Aggressive behaviour
- Social skills and friendship issues
- Depression & Anxiety
Please call us on 5911 7014 to learn more about her appointments and fees.